Wednesday, March 16, 2011

SPRING TEASE

Spring teased me today. Since it's only the middle of March, I know full well that winter can still rear its ugly head, and we could get a snow or ice storm before the sandal, shorts, and t-shirt weather arrives.

As the sun played in the sky and the temperature tease me with numbers in the 60s, spring fever began to take over my soul.

Although spring isn't due till March 21, a gentle breeze slid in through the open windows of my classroom sang a different song, and rays of light peeked though the pulled window blinds. I threw my bags over my shoulder and my jacket over my are and locked the door to my classroom. As I left the building, the warmth of early spring gave me the motivation to walk the dog when I got home.

Harley was impatient to get outside; he'd been home with the cat since I left for work this morning. When I came outside with the leash, he couldn't contain himself. In fact, he took me for a walk. I thought a walk would exhaust him, but he had enough energy to ask to go out before bedtime and just laid on the driveway enjoying himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment