Tuesday, January 1, 2013

WRITER GOALS

Happy New Year.

If you are like me, the newsletters you get in your email's inbox are focusing on setting goals for 2013. Have you thought about what goals you will set as a writer for this new year?
  • Join a local writer's group
  • Submit a short story to a contest or publication
  • Submit a poem to a contest or publication
  • Attend a writer's conference
  • or just simply write every day for a length of time or a specific number of words
I like goals because they can be adapted as I become successful. As a writer, I have the following goals for the new year:
  • Finish revising my NaNo novel and then edit it 
  • Send the polished manuscript to the NaNo publishing bonus
  • Write submissions for each of the contests that are held by the writing groups I belong to
  • Keep up with the Novel 101 assignments from Writing.com
  • Write at least 2,000 words daily
  • Attend the UW Madison Annual Writers' Institute
  • Submit at least one polished pieces (poem, short story, non-fiction piece)
  • Post regularly on each of my blogs
If you have some goals for the new year, please share them.

No comments:

Post a Comment