Sunday, January 30, 2011

ANOTHER SUNDAY

Sunday! For some it is the end of the week; for others it is the beginning of the week. Which are you?

Although most calendars show Sunday as the beginning of the week, I find Sunday falls at the end of the week. Let's look at some of the reasons.

First, Sunday is considered a "day of rest." I get to sleep late, and generally, I use the time to recuperate from the hectic week. I can sip my coffee with pleasure and not gulp it down before I have to leave for work or errands. I also make time to play my computer games, read for pleasure, and what ever else I want to do.

Sunday is also the end of my week because I take time for planning: planning meals for the next week, planning activities for the next week, and planning my goals for the next week. How, then, could Sunday be anything but the end of my week.

I generally wash clothes for the next week, grocery shop for the next week, and clean to start the week with a good feeling. If I have eaten healthy all week, I tend to give myself a treat on Sunday (or at least I try to eat healthy all week).

When the alarm goes off on Monday morning, it is a new start - a new beginning - a time to begin. A time to attempt to exercise before I take a shower and get ready for work, and to plan to eat right.

No comments:

Post a Comment