Tuesday, November 1, 2011

IT'S HERE! NOW TO GET WRITING

At 12:01 AM this morning, it arrived. What? What arrived? OK, maybe I'm a bit crazy, but I have taken the challenge, once again, to complete a first draft of a 50,000 word or better novel in the thirty days it takes for November to turn to December. Or, I can look at it this way. I have thirty days, while waiting for December to arrive, to complete a novel.

This is the fourth time I have participated in National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo).

The first attempt (I still have all my notes.) I came to a screeching halt because I realized that I didn't have enough historic knowledge to complete the story I created. Attemt ONE still on hold.

Although I finished my second attempt, I never found the time to finish the revisions and editing. It still sits on my shelf on an editorial hiatus.

Last year I attempted once again to participate and create a new story. Overloaded by life's expectations, I needed 36 hour days to learn to juggle my job - job (No, I'm not stuttering. My job - job is the one that pays the bills while I am honing my writing skills.), playing in an orchestra, keeping house and home in order, and writing. I began, and hit a brick wall.

This year I have revised my goals. Rather than just completing my novel, my goal is to get it revised and edited as a manuscript to have in my hand when I attend writer's conferences and workshops.

So, in the future, I'm hoping to generate interest in my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment